martes, 19 de marzo de 2013

Reflexiones sobre la muerte con Robert Smith

Como soy necio para algunas (muchas dirían algunos) cosas, me estoy leyendo un libro sobre The Cure como preámbulo a la apoteósica presentación. Este es un extracto de una entrevista que le hizo Bayon para Libération en 1981.

L.: Do you think about death?
R.S.: My own death?
L.: Yes, how do you envision it?
R.S.: It all depends on the day. Sometimes, I have the feeling it's going to be terribly dark. Other times not. But it doesn't really get to me that much. I'm not obsessed with it. (...)
To get back to the topic of death, I think it's black. Essentially because I don't have any "faith". I don't have a destiny. I don't know how, or where, I'm going to die. In any case, I wouldn't want to die tonight - I've still got a lot of things to do...
(...)
L.: Are you going to make a "red" album one day?
R.S.: Yes, maybe. Yes. Faith could well have been a red album... A few people died during that time... The only two persons I ever knew died back then (?). I was close to them, they were like family. It made me ask a few questions about death. Like a sort of test. I was able to see how it affected me... but not that much.  I don't know whether or not I'll cry at my mum's burial.
L.: That's beautiful. Lovely...
R.S.: But don't write it down; she might fall right then and there. Of course, I cry, Mum!



No hay comentarios: